Welcome to all Rotarians visiting this page.
Rotarians have played a significant role in bringing the JST experience to many people during nearly 20 years of partnership. This partnership is greatly valued and the JST recognises the contribution that Rotary has made to the Trust over the years.
To date almost 800 Rotary Clubs have helped to make lives brighter by supporting and enabling people to sail on board the JST's two ships, Lord Nelson and Tenacious.
The JST is delighted and grateful to be listed in the Opportunities to Serve area of the Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) website, an area that is reserved for projects that have been approved by RIBI’s General Council.
There are a number of different ways in which the JST and Rotary might continue to work together. For the JST this could mean completing the financing of the building of Tenacious, maintaining the two ships at high occupancy levels to the benefit of the public; for Rotary this would mean helping to provide a service to able-bodied and disabled people in the local community.
Some of the ways in which this might be achieved in practice are outlined below:
- Arrange a visit for your Club members aboard a JST ship, especially during the
Summer when port visits by the ships often coincide with maritime festivals.
- Invite a JST speaker to your Club.
- Sponsor a local able-bodied or disabled person on a voyage.
- Sponsor a person to act as buddy to a seriously disabled person on a JST voyage.
- Sponsor a foreign student on a JST voyage as part of their exchange experience.
- Sponsor a young person on a voyage, which qualifies towards the Duke of Edinburgh’s
Gold Award Scheme.
- Encourage the media to feature the JST/Rotary partnership.
- Commit to fundraising towards an aspect of the operational costs of JST’s 'life
changing experiences’ work.
- Become a member of the JST.
You will find JST representatives attending many District Conferences, for you to make contact directly.
Benefits to Clubs:
- Helping to change lives through the integration of able-bodied and disabled people.
- Providing your Club with a speaker.
- Involvement of Club members in a JST voyage or event.
- JST’s experienced fundraising, marketing and PR teams are able and willing to assist,
to ensure your project is successful.
- Developing links with your local JST branches and our network of volunteers throughout
the UK and abroad.
- Opportunities to raise awareness of your Rotary Club and potential to recruit new
- Opportunities for fellowship.
For further information please contact the JST on 02380 426868.
Or if further assistance is required, please contact RIBI on 01789 765 411 email@example.com
Download the RIBI/JST Service Project Sheet