skip to main content
February 17, 2014

Tenacious day 5   Monday 17th February

We left Valetta in warm sunshine 2 days ago heading for Siracusa, on the island of Sicily. Wind was in a favourable direction but light. Air temperature was 20degC which resulted in more sunbathing than progress towards Sicily.

Yesterday, Sunday, the wind was stronger but arrival in Siracusa had to be postponed until today (Monday).

We had a prolonged bracing session to allow captain Simon to to reposition the leather marks on the braces, which were out of position due to rope stretch.

We had a good SSW wind strength 3-4 for the  final overnight sail towards Siracusa.

We are due to take on a pilot off Syracuse at 10.30am.

A 24 hour stay is intended with assisted climbs Tuesday morning.

Fwd starboard watch, Monday morning 7.30 ….. we have mainly blue sky and the sun rising above cloud on the horizon.


Keep updated: