Are you a young seafarer looking for an exciting new challenge?
We’re on the hunt for ambitious and driven individuals, with a passion for the marine industry, to join us as a Trainee Deck Officer Cadet. The Jubilee Sailing Trust employs one cadet each September, thanks to generous funding from Trinity House.
What makes this even better, is that it’s supported and funded by Trinity House – one of the most prestigious organisations in the industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for trainees to experience modern Merchant Navy training, as well as learning the traditional skills that sailing a tall ship needs – all whilst travelling around the world and getting paid! You’ll gain a highly credible qualification too, embarking on an exciting and varied 3 year Foundation Degree in Marine Operations. Highlights include:
- Combine theory based learning with hands on training
- Spend your first 2 – 3 month sea phase on-board one of our unique tall ships, then your following sea phases will be on board a variety of vessels to gain a wide range of experiences
- Supporting exciting initiatives at sea and on-shore
- The chance to get involved in various promotional and marketing work with the JST
- The possibility of future work with the Jubilee Sailing Trust once qualified
- Learn traditional skills with additional ‘bolt on’ training modules, such as rigging, sail making and boat building skills.
Check out this video to get a flavour of what a JST voyage is all about:
If you’re not swayed just yet, you can read about the experiences of our previous cadets in their own words.
Matt, our first cadet, started training in September 2015 and sailed with us through the Pacific Ocean from Panama to Tahiti. (In the above video, he’s one of the crew sat in the yards.)
Plus you can read about the training package we arranged with our great friends at the RNLI for Matt, on our Facebook page.
Jessica is our latest Cadet to have the opportunity thanks to funding from Trinity House. Read how her first experience of tall ship sailing went.
If you’d like to follow in Jess, Matt & Tom’s footsteps and find out more about our Deck Officer Cadetships, simply get in touch by emailing Andy Spark via email@example.com.
To find out more about the historic maritime charity, who generously fund these Cadetship opportunities, visit their website.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!