We’ve put in a place a number of processes to ensure the safety of our Permanent Crew and Ship Volunteers.
- We are naturally following NHS guidance around symptom checking, testing and self-isolation
- Our Permanent Crew and Ship Volunteers are asked to take a test prior to joining the ship, and given the option to take a test before heading home. They will also have their temperature checked before coming on board
- During our current voyages with the Royal Navy, no one will be able to disembark the ship
- We also have Covid measures in places that we’ve all come to expect – the wearing of face masks inside, hand-sanitising etc
- If someone experiences symptoms, we have lateral flow (quick result) tests on board and a designated self-isolation area.
We currently have Royal Navy trainees on board and have worked closely with their team to develop this programme with covid-safety at the forefront of our mind.
We are also planning our spring/summer voyages with covid measures in place. Given the ever-changing situation, more information will be published on this as soon as we are able to.