What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows us to claim the tax you have already paid on your donations from HM Revenue and Customs.
How Gift Aid helps your donation to go further
The Gift Aid scheme allows you to increase the value of your donation by 25% at no extra cost to you. We can claim the tax on individual and sponsorship donations made to the Jubilee Sailing Trust. However, as Gift Aid only applies to gifts and donations, we cannot claim when:
- people have been charged an entry fee
- someone has made a purchase
- someone has entered a competition
- donors cannot be traced (i.e. such as collections)
Make a Gift Aid declaration
You can make a Gift Aid declaration online by completing the form below.
Donate through your Self Assessment tax refund
If you pay income tax at a rate of 40% or above, you can claim the difference between the basic and higher rate from HM Revenue and Customs:
- Through your self-assessment tax return
- By asking HMRC to amend your tax code.