Terms, rules and procedures
- The cost of each entry is £15 per quarter.
- Players may purchase more than one entry.
- Payment must be received within the quarter to be entered into that quarter’s draw.
- If payment is not received within the quarter, membership will be cancelled.
- Membership can be renewed at any point.
- 50% of funds raised (and up to a maximum of £500) will be made available to win. One, first prize is £400. The remaining prize funds will be distributed equally between the remaining five winners.
- The draws will be conducted in the last week of the month following each quarter by a random number generator
- The results will be made public and the draw will be recorded.
- The Jubilee Sailing Trust reserves the right to use the winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, e.g. “[number] Mr Bloggs”.
- There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable.
- Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days after being claimed.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- The Jubilee Sailing Trust may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the JST Lottery. However in the case of termination or suspension, we will communicate this clearly.
- The Charity will not spend more than £100 on administration and expenses.
- The Charity retains the right to cancel any membership should they suspect criminal activity.
The JST holds the relevant lottery license. We are committed to ensuring that the JST Lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way. We will ensure that:
Players have access to clear information on matters such as the rules of the lottery, the prizes that are available and the chances of winning are equal to all participants.
The rules are fair.
Any advertising and promotional material is clear and not misleading.
The results are made public.
If at any point you are worried about your gambling or somebody you know, you can contact www.begambleaware.org or www.gamcare.org.uk for advice. Our Responsible Gambling and Lottery Complaints and Disputes Procedures can be requested by contacting email@example.com.